My slow cooker really has been earning it’s keep lately. I’ve been cooking up curries, stews and all sorts of yummy dishes. This Seitan Stew is perfect for a cold winter’s evening!
- 1 pound seitan, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 2 cups red skinned potatoes, diced (about 8 mini or 2 medium sized potoates)
- 2 cups water
- 1 beefless bullion cube (I used Not Beef by Edward and Sons)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Place all of the ingredients except the cornstarch into your slow cooker, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
- About half an hour before serving, mix together 3 tablespoons of the broth from the stew with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and add it back to the slow cooker. Turn the heat up to high, stir and cover.
- Serve with crusty multigrain bread.