Over the weekend I did a cooking demo at my local Williams Sonoma along with my fellow Hot From the Kettle writers John Lee and Elizabeth Palmer Starnes. We spent the day showing people how to make quick and easy Thanksgiving soups and sides, and I made a super speedy vegan pumpkin pie ice cream. I took on the challenge of using prepared Williams Sonoma foods in all of my dishes, and I used their Pecan Pumpkin Butter in my ice cream. It added just the right amount of spice and sweetness. If you don’t have any on hand, you can use any brand of pumpkin butter and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice mix. Sample the mixture before adding it to your ice cream maker to make sure it suites your tastes, but keep in mind that it will seem sweeter the colder it gets. If you’re making this as a part of your Thanksgiving meal, you can mix up the ingredients beforehand, store them in the fridge and then add them to your ice cream maker about half an hour before dessert to save yourself time.
- 1 15-Ounce Can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 14-Ounce Can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, Packed
- 4 Tablespoons Williams Sonoma Pecan Pumpkin Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process in your ice cream machine following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer into an air-tight container and freeze before serving, if ice cream is too soft.