Slow Cooker Ratatouille is another delicious set-it-and-forget-it meal. Place all of the ingredients in your crockpot, and dinner is ready when you are!
I will admit that before Pixar’s movie Ratatouille came out, I had no idea what kind of dish ratatouille was. I knew it was French, so I assumed it was loaded with nasty things like lard and cheese. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a veggie dish full of things I like to eat like eggplant and zucchini. I immediately ran out to buy the ingredients, and I’ve been making it on a semi-regular basis ever since. In this slow cooker version of ratatouille, I’ve added white beans for a little extra protein, but you can leave them out if you wish.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans, or 1 14-ounce can
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, in their juices
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence (or 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme, rosemary and basil)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Add everything but salt and pepper to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Add salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!