Christmas Cocktails are perfect for holiday entertaining!
Friends tend to call me the Vegan Martha Stewart because I love hosting parties and I like to get creative with them. (I actually tend to refer to myself as the Vegan Liz Lemon, but that’s a story for another post.) I usually host a Christmas cocktail party every year, and I serve Christmas themed drinks. Two of the most popular drinks I make are the Christmas Cosmo and the Candy Cane Martini.
I also like to serve a non-alcoholic drink for designated drivers and teetotallers. Last year I made an Orange Ginger Sparkling Tea and it was a big hit with my guests.
Sadly, this year I don’t have time to host my usual cocktail party, but I just may enjoy a cocktail or two with Dennis while we we watch Love Actually and Robbie the Reindeer. Whether you’re hosting a party or enjoying a quite night in with your sweetie, you’re sure to love these Christmas cocktails!
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Lime slices and cranberries for garnish
- Pour the vodka, orange liqueur, cranberry juice and lime juice over ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until very cold and then strain into martini glasses. Garnish with a slice of lime and cranberries on a cocktail pick.
- ⅓ cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon peppermint schnapps
- ⅓ cup sparkling water
- Mini candy cane or starlight peppermint for garnish
- Pour the vodka, peppermint schnapps and sparkling water over ice in a cocktail shaker. Give it a quick shake, and then stir. Pour into martini glasses and garnish with a mini candy cane or a peppermint.
- 4 cups of water
- 4 tea bags, black or green tea
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 liter bottle of sparkling water
- 2 oranges, sliced
- In a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bags and agave nectar. Let tea bags steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove.
- Blend the orange juice and ginger together in a blender.
- Mix the tea, orange juice and ginger, and sparkling water together in a pitcher.
- Serve over ice with orange slices for garnish.
If you’d like some snacks to go with your Christmas Cocktails, you might enjoy:
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites
- Vegan Cheese and Apple Tartlets
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Tomato Tartlets with Spinach Pesto