I was recently enjoying a Roasted Ratatouille Salad and I thought to myself, “you know what would make this even better? A sandwich! At this point in the summer, it was way to hot to turn on the oven, so I fired up the grill to cook the veggies, rather than roasting them.
In this sandwich, slices of eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, and red bell peppers are brushed with herbs and grilled to golden brown perfection. The cooked veggie slices are then placed onto rolls – the crustier the better. A thick layer of Garlicky White Bean Dip is the meal’s perfect complement.
This Grilled Ratatouille Sandwich just might end up becoming your favorite summertime sandwich – I know it is mine!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium-sized summer squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into four large pieces
- 4 large rolls
- ½ - 1 cup Garlicky White Bean Dip
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. If you’re using a grill pan, preheat it over a burner set to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, and dried spices.
- Lightly brush the vegetable slices with the olive oil mixture.
- Grill the vegetables for about 5-10 minutes on each side, until tender and golden-brown.
- While the veggies are cooking, spread the white bean dip on the inside of the rolls.
- Divide the vegetables up between