This Chocolate-Gingersnap Fall Bars recipe from The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook is the ultimate holiday dessert. This no-bake gluten-free treat is made with hazelnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and warming spices.
The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
I know that going vegan be tough. It’s a completely different way off eating, which comes along with unfamiliar ingredients and new ways of cooking. Fortunately, The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook is here to help!
The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook is a massive compilation of over 600 recipes from Emily von Euw, Kathy Hester, Linda and Alex Meyer, Marie Reginato, Celine Steen, and Amber St. Peter. It contains recipes for pretty much any kind of food that you might have a hankering for.
Not Just a Cookbook
In addition to being a cookbook, this bookis also a guide to veganism for beginners. It contains handy information on how to get started with this way of eating along with lists of items that are helpful to have on hand in your vegan pantry.
The recipes in The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook range quick and easy to more elaborate. You’ll find recipes for both raw and cooked dishes, as well and meals made with appliances, such as the slow cooker, instant pot, and air fryer.
You’ll also find plenty of recipes to get you through the day, from breakfast dishes to soups and salads for lunch, as well as dinnertime main dishes. There are also recipes for appetizers and snacks, desserts, and sauces and spices.
The authors are sensitive to your food sensitivities, so you’ll find recipes for gluten-free, soy-free, dishes, and sugar-free.
Easy to Navigate
I have several other large cookbooks such as this one, I find that the can be so overwhelming, since they have so much info in them. The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook makes finding a recipe easy though, since each chapter is dedicated to a different type of dish. Also, the recipes are marked, letting you know if special equipment is needed or if it’s a quick prep dish.
The Chapters in The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook include:
- Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker, Instant Pot & Air Fryer
- 30 Minutes or Less
- Appetizers, Snacks & Sides
- Soups & Salads
- Breakfasts, Smoothies, and Drinks
- Sauces, Dressings, Pastes & Spices
Chocolate-Gingersnap Fall Bars
Since the holidays are here, the first recipe I made from this book was for Chocolate-Gingersnap Fall Bars. This sweet treat is full of what I consider the flavors of the season – pecans, hazelnuts, cinnamon, and ginger.
Chocolate-Gingersnap Fall Bars are easy to make, and they don’t require any actual baking! You just mix all of the ingredients together in a food processor, press into a baking dish, and then pop it in the fridge. Then slice and enjoy!
This is a fantastic dessert to serve for dessert at Christmas, it’s terrific for holiday parties, and it makes an excellent addition to gifted treat boxes.
Ultimate Vegan Cookbook is perfect for seasoned vegans looking to build their repertoires, cooks new to the basics of plant-based cuisine and curious meat-eaters on the hunt for new flavors.
Chocolate-Gingersnap Fall Bars
Gingersnap Spice Mix
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sea salt
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoon (148 g) coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup and 1 tablespoon (62 g) cacao powder
- 1¼ cups (190 g) Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup (120 g) hazelnuts
- 1 cup (120 g) pecans
- 1 cup (65 g) pumpkin seeds
- Extra nuts and seeds, for garnish
- For The Spice Mix
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Set it aside.
- For The Bars
- First add the coconut oil, cacao and dates to the food processor and blend until well combined, about 1 minute. Then add the nuts, seeds and spice mix, and pulse until they are mixed into the batter but still remain crunchy.
- Pour the batter onto a lined 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20-cm) pan. Press the batter into the pan, to ¾ inch (2 cm) thick, and sprinkle the top with extra nuts and seeds. Store the bars in the freezer for an hour. Cut them into squares and enjoy! I like to store mine in the freezer or fridge to stay cool.
Other recipes you might enjoy include:
Other recipes from The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook include:
I have a copy of The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for one lucky winner this week. Follow the instructions below to enter. Contest ends at midnight on December 18th. U.S. and Canadian residents only, please. Good luck!