Fresh Tomato Salsa is here for all of your snack time needs. Serve this homemade dip with tortilla chips or cut veggies as an appetizer, or use it as a taco topper. This recipe is super easy to make, and it’s vegan and gluten-free.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Chips and salsa is really the quintessential snack. I’ve eaten my way through many tubs of premade salsa over the years while watching movies, hanging out with friends, and, yes, even while typing up blog posts. Fresh is always better than jarred, and homemade is always better than store-bought.
Making your own salsa can seem like a chore, but it really just takes a few minutes. You just chop up the veggies and mix them together. If you’re not in the mood to chop, you can throw the ingredients into a food processor and give it a few pulses.
I like to use cherry or grape tomatoes in this fresh tomato salsa, as find them more flavorful than the large varieties. If you can get your hands on some good-qaulity beefsteak or ugly ripe (yes, that’s their name) tomatoes, you can use them instead.
How to Make Fresh Tomato Salsa
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make!
You simply mix everything together and then pop it in the fridge for about an hour before serving it.
How to Customize Your Salsa
You can easily customize this recipe to your liking.
- You can use full-sized tomatoes instead of grape tomatoes, if you like.
- Chopped red onion can be used in the place of scallions.
- Lime juice can be used instead of lemon.
- You can use parsley instead of cilantro.
- If you like a little bit of heat, you can add minced jalapeno or habanero peppers.
Fresh Tomato Salsa
Fresh Tomato Salsa is here for all of your snack time needs. Serve this homemade dip with tortilla chips or cut veggies as an appetizer, or use it as a taco topper.
This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of salsa. A serving is 2 tablespoons.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix well.
Chill for about an hour before serving.
More dip recipes you might enjoy include: