I’ve had a love affair with roasted chickpeas for many years. I’m not really sure how I discovered them or why I started making them, but they’ve been a mainstay in my diet for quite a while.
I was kind of surprised to hear non-vegan coworkers talking about roasting chickpeas a few years ago. How did they hear about them? Who gave away my secret? Now they seem to be all the rage – recipes are quite abundant online, and pre-made bags of chickpeas available in just about any grocery store.
This Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas recipe is my favorite. It almost seems too easy to share, but as I was making them recently, I snapped a few pictures and decided it was too easy not to share.
Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle on the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and mix to coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, and then carefully roll the chickpeas around on the baking sheet. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Let the chickpeas cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Smoky Kale and Chickpeas with Miso Peanut Drizzle
- Curried Mango and Chickpea Wrap
- Buffalo Chickpea Tacos
- Tahini Chickpea Salad