No Bean Hummus is a deliciously healthy snack. No one will guess that the secret ingredient in this tasty dip is zucchini. Grab some cut veggies, and chow down! It’s great on sandwich and in wraps, too. This super easy recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Raw Zucchini Hummus
Many years ago, when I first discovered the world of raw food, I did a 21 day raw challenge. The first 3 days were rough. In fact, I was in a such a bad mood on day 2 that I went to bed at 8:00pm. But by the end of the week, I was felt great! I had so much energy I was bouncing off the walls.
For some reason, a lot of my friends kept recommending hummus as snack, thinking chickpeas are raw. I guess they thought that straight out of the can, the uncooked beans are considered a raw food. But of course, the beans are cooked before they’re canned,
I was eating a lot of humus in that 21 day period, though, but it wasn’t made with chickpeas. I was constantly whipping up batches of no bean hummus, made with zucchini.
No Bean Hummus
This recipe is based off a recipe from RAWvolution by Matt Amsden. It’s super easy to make, and it’s one that I usually make when I show people how to make when I’m teaching raw cooking classes. Several years ago I made it for a Celebrate Vegan Day event at my local Williams Sonoma, and it was a big hit with the crowd.
How to Make No Bean Hummus
This recipe is so easy to make it almost feels like cheating!
- You just blend all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor. It whips up in seconds in my Blendtec.
- You can garnish your hummus with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and a dusting of paprika, if you like.
I don’t peel my zucchini before making my hummus, mainly out of laziness. But if you feel the green color will turn some people off (like little ones who don’t want to eat green foods), you can peel yours.
How to Customize Your No Bean Hummus
You can season your hummus to your liking by adding:
- A pinch of turmeric
- Extra minced garlic
- A little cayenne pepper
- Half a teaspoon of za’atar seasoning
- Or whatever your favorite seasonings are!
No Bean Hummus
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika for garnish, optional
- Place the zucchini, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, sat, and cumin in a high speed blender or food processor, and combine until smooth and creamy.Garnish with a drizzle of oilive oil, sprinkle of sesame seeds, and dusting of paprika, if you like.
Other Dip Recipes You Might Enjoy Include: