Pumpkin pie smoothie will satisfy your autumn pumpkin spice fix! This healthy shake is made with pumpkin puree, non-dairy milk, bananas, and warm spices. It makes a terrifically easy breakfast, it’s perfect for an afternoon snack, and it can even serve as a sweet treat for dessert! This super easy recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Since I'm not a coffee drinker, I’ve never had a pumpkin spice latte. I’m not even sure where the seasonal craze came from – I blinked and it was all the rage. I have had health coaching clients who live for fall. They want their seasonal spice fix! I created this smoothie with them in mind.
Most of the “pumpkin spice” foods and drinks that you’ll find widely available at this time of year don’t actually include any pumpkin at all. They’re flavored with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg – all spices that exemplify the season. Without them, pumpkin pie would be quite bland, and as pumpkin doesn’t have much flavor.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
What pumpkin does have, is a lot of nutrients! Pumpkins are packed with vitamins and minerals including:
- Beta Carotene
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Pumpkin also contains smaller amounts of copper, manganese, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and folate.
Some of the many health benefits of pumpkin include:
- Boost your immunity
- Protect your eye-sight
- Hydrate your skin
- Aid digestion
- Improve your mood
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
This recipe couldn't be easier to make! You just mix all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. It whips up in seconds in my Blendtec.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe Notes
- This recipe is made with pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. (Pumpkin pie filling contains sugar, water, and spices, so if you use it, your smoothie will be extra spicy and very sweet.)
- I sometimes experience a pumpkin puree shortage in the autumn months. You can use butternut squash puree if you can't find pumpkin.
- You can add a handful of spinach or kale to your smoothie for a green smoothie, but keep in mind it'll change the color. Chances are your smoothie will turn a muddy brown.
- If you'd like to make smoothie bowls, cut back the non-dairy milk to one cup. Order you own coconut bowl here, and use the code DIANNE10 at checkout to save 10%.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon dried ground nutmeg
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Originally posted October 9, 2017. Updated October 6, 2021.
More Smoothies You Might Enjoy Include:
More Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like Include:
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- No-Baked Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins