Sangria seems to be a summertime party essential. I serve this drink quite often at warm weather gatherings and it’s always a big hit with my guests. I’ve seen recipes that use sugary sodas and lots of white sugar, which I don’t think are needed since fruit added a natural sweetness. I like to use flavored sparkling water, as it adds a little extra fruitiness to the boozy drink, but you can use plain if you can’t find it. Fresh strawberries can be used in the place of frozen, but I prefer to use frozen fruit as it acts like ice and helps keep the drink cool while I prepare for my guests. 1 cup of rum makes this drink quite strong, so cut it in half if you want your sangria to pack less of a punch.
Strawberry Lemon Sangria
- 1 bottle white wine make sure it’s vegan!
- 1 cup silver rum
- 1 quart 33.8 oz. bottle lemon flavored sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons agave or to taste
- 1 bag 16 oz. frozen strawberries
- 6 lemons thinly sliced
- Mix together the wine, rum, sparkling water, agave, strawberries and lemon. If you aren’t serving the sangria right away, chill it in the fridge until you are.
- Add the ice when ready to serve.
- Serve and watch it disappear!