Vegan Broccoli Quiche Cups are made with tofu, broccoli, and Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. They’re the perfect appetizer to serve at your next spring party! They’re terrific for a spring brunch, and they’re a wonderful addition to the breakfast table on Easter or Mother’s Day! This mini vegetable quiche recipe is vegan, egg-free, and easy to make.
Vegan Broccoli Quiche Cups
Quiche is one of my favorite brunch dishes, and it’s so easy to veganize. I like to use tofu in the place of eggs, and I mix my fillings. Sometimes I use spinach and mushroom, while other times I use zucchini and carrots. Vegan Quiche Lorraine made with non-dairy cheddar and tempeh bacon is always fun, too.
For this recipe, I made mini quiche cups using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry as the crust. The filling is a mixture of tofu, broccoli, and sun-dried tomatoes. If broccoli isn’t your thing, try a leafy green such as spinach or arugula.
Don’t worry about making your Puff Pastry cups look perfect. I like them to have an imperfect rustic look.
How to make Vegan Broccoli Quiche Cups:
This recipe is super easy to make! It only takes a few steps
- First you sauté the broccoli and garlic.
- Then you mix together with the rest of the filling ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Next you fold the broccoli, garlic, and sun-dried into the tofu mixture.
- Then you roll out a Puff Pastry Sheets and cut them it into 9 squares.
- Now you press the Puff Pastry squares into a mini muffin tin to form little cups.
- Then you fill the Puff Pastry cups with the tofu mixture.
- Finally you bake them and eat them!
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you probably already know that I’m not a big fan of making my own dough. I love making quiches, tarts, and pizzas, but for some reason, I just have an aversion to making the crust myself. And that’s why I love Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry so much!
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry can easily be found in the freezer aisle of just about any grocery store. I buy them at my local ShopRite.
Puff Pastry Sheets makes cooking my favorite doughy dishes easy. You simply defrost them for 40 minutes at room temperature and then roll them out, and they’re ready go to! They bake up to light, flaky deliciousness in just a matter of minutes. I love using them to make appetizers like mini tarts and snack bites, and they’re great for meals such as pizzas and quiches.
Vegan Quiche is Perfect for Spring Brunch
Vegan Broccoli Quiche Cups a great appetizer for Easter Brunch, as well as Mother’s Day. They’re terrific for any type of springtime potluck or breakfast buffet, too!
Vegan Broccoli Quiche Cups
- 1 teaspoon neutral vegetable oil
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into very small florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 14-ounce container firm tofu pressed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 sheet from a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry thawed according to the package
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Lightly oil a muffin pans.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the broccoli and garlic until the broccoli turns bright green and the garlic is fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Crumble the tofu into a food processor or blender and then add the lemon juice, water or stock, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, turmeric, black pepper, and sea salt. Process until the mixture is thick and looks like ricotta cheese. Add a little more water or vegetable stock if the mixture is too thick.
- Place the tofu mixture in a bowl and fold in the broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Unfold a Puff Pastry Sheet on a lightly floured surface and use a rolling pin to gently roll it to a 12-inch square. Cut each it into 9 4-inch squares.
- Gently press the squares into the cups of the muffin pans, folding the edges slightly, to form small bowls.
- Fill each one with the tofu and vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the Puff Pastry Sheets are golden brown and the filling has set.
- Serve warm.
Other ready-made pastry recipes you might enjoy include:
- Vegan Cheese and Apple Tartlets
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites
- Asparagus and Tomato Tart with Cashew Ricotta
Other spring brunch recipes include