Vegan Caesar Pasta Salad is the ultimate summertime dish! Loaded with hearty chickpeas, crispy romaine, and a creamy dairy-free dressing, it’s perfect for potlucks, picnics, cookouts, and bbqs. It’s a fun meat-free take on chicken caesar salad. This easy recipe is vegan with a gluten-free option.
There’s something quintessentially summer about pasta salad. I don’t think I could eat cold pasta any other time of the year, but give me a big bowl of chilled fusilli mixed with vegetables in the summer, and I’m one happy camper.
Pasta salad is often pushed to the side of the plate and served as an accompaniment to veggie burgers and tofu dogs. Although I do agree that it makes a great side, I often like to make meal out of it. It can be a great lunch or light dinner.
As I mentioned last week, I absolutely love Caesar salad dressing. You can often find me in my kitchen whirring up a batch in my Blendtec, if I don’t already have a jar of it ready to in the fridge. I just love its perfect blend of creamy and tangy.
Last week, as I was typing up my nut-free Caesar salad dressing post, it suddenly occurred to me that I should pour a bottle of my beloved condiment onto a big bowl cooked pasta and make a salad. It was kind of a mental “hey, you go your chocolate in my peanut butter” moment. I often serve Caesar salad as a side to pasta dishes, so why not?
Easy-to-make Caesar Pasta Salad consists of cooked pasta, romaine lettuce, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing, and Vegan Walnut Parmesan. This recipe makes a lot of food, so it’s a great dish to take to summertime potlucks, picnics, and cookouts. I’ve been enjoying it for lunch all week long!
If you don’t feel like making your own dressing, you can buy premade dressing. Both Daiya and Follow Your Heart both make bottled caesar dressing.
You also can use store-bought non-dairy parmesan if you don’t want to make your own. Violife and Follow Your Heart both make yummy vegan parmesan cheese.
If you follow a gluten-free diet, make sure your pasta is gluten-free.
How to Make Vegan Caesar Pasta Salad
This recipe is really easy to make!
- First you combine the pasta, romaine, chickpeas, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Then you fold in the dressing and parmesan, and you top the salad with chopped parsley.
Caesar Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces whole grain or gluten-free pasta cooked according to the package instructions
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 recipe Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Vegan Walnut Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Combine the pasta, romaine, chickpeas, and tomatoes, in a large bowl. Gently fold in the dressing and parmesan. Top with the chopped parsley.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.