Made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, these Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites will be the hit of your holiday party! They’re perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner, too!
I love throwing holiday parties! I just look making yummy food and having friends over. Some friends refer to me as The Vegan Martha Stewart because of it. (On most days I’m really more like The Liz Lemon.)
Preparing for parties can be an arduous task. I usually start about a week in advance with shopping and decorating, and I cook what I can on the days leading up to the big date so that things can be heated up before the party starts.
Dips are always fun to make for parties, and I have found that vegan spinach artichoke dip is always a huge hit. The downside to dips is the mess that they make. After a party a few years ago, I found spinach artichoke dip mashed in a new throw rug I had just bought for the kitchen. No one fessed up to it, and after several scrubbings and washings, the stain was still there, so the rug had to be tossed. It had only cost me about $20, but still.
I don’t want to deprive my guests the pleasure of delicious vegan spinach artichoke dip, so I got to thinking about how I could make it less messy. Then it dawned on me – how about if the dip was in little bite-sized cups, so that no chips are needed?
Thanks to Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, it was super easy to do. In fact, this is a veganized version of a recipe I found on the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry website.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites Are Easy To Make
To make these snack bites, I first made a simple vegan spinach artichoke dip using thawed, frozen spinach, canned artichoke, and a cashew cream. This works best when the spinach and artichokes are finely chopped, so I just threw them into my food processor. Once they were chopped, I added the cashew cream and pulsed to incorporate it.
After the dip was prepared, I unfolded thawed Puff Pastry Sheets, and cut each sheet into nine squares. I pressed the squares into mini muffin pans, and filled each with the dip, sprinkled on some breadcrumbs, and then popped them in the oven. The Puff Pastry Sheets bake up golden and delicious, and they compliment the spinach artichoke dip nicely.
Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Makes Entertaining Easy
Not only are these vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites super easy to make, thanks to Puff Pastry Sheets, they are super delicious. My guests devoured these bites were devoured at my last party. And there was no dip mashed into my kitchen rug at the end of the night!
If you’re entertaining this season, these vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites are a must!
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for two hours, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 16- ounce package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and chopped
- 1 14- ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, thawed according to the package
- 1 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Lightly oil two mini muffin pans. (If you muffin pan has 24 cups, you’ll only need one.)
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, mix together the cashews, water, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt until smooth and creamy.
- Mix together the chopped spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and cashew cream together until well incorporated. (If you chopped the vegetables in a food processor, just add the cashew cream to it and pulse until everything is mixed together.)
- Unfold the Puff Pastry Sheets on a lightly floured surface and cut each one into 9 squares.
- Gently press the squares into the cups of the mini muffin pans, folding the edges slightly, to form small bowls.
- Fill each bowl with the spinach artichoke dip.
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs and nutritional yeast in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the bites.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the Puff Pastry Sheets are golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Other great recipes for holiday entertaining include:
- Vegan Cheese and Apple Tartlets
- Tomato Tartlets with Spinach Pesto
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites