Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeryVeggieHoliday #TasteIt2BelieveIt #CollectiveBias
Baked Vegan Taquitos are sure to be the star of your next party! Made with MorningStar Farms® BBQ Chik’n Nuggets and dairy-free cashew ranch sauce, this simple recipe is easy to prepare. Vegan taquitos are the perfect appetizer for holiday entertaining. Serve them on Thanksgiving as a starter or during your Christmas party as a snack. They’re also great for New Year’s Eve parties and game day viewing get-togethers.
The holiday season is upon us once again. I love this time of year! I’m not sure what I love more – spending time with friends and family, decking the house with festive décor, or the yummy food that the season bring!
I especially love hosting holiday parties. Every year, I have friends over for a big vegan Thanksgiving potluck. I like to have little cocktail parties for Christmas, and I often invite friends over to watch the ball drop on New Year’s Eve.
The one thing these parties always have in common is food. Appetizers, snacks, finger foods – no matter what you call them, a party just isn’t a party without food. This year, I’ll be serving up lots of Vegan Taquitos!
These vegan taquitos are made with MorningStar Farms® BBQ Chik’n Nuggets and a cashew ranch sauce, and they’re super easy to prepare. The components can be made ahead of time and put together before your party, if you’re pressed for time.
- Cook the MorningStar Farms® BBQ Chik’n Nuggets according to the package. They only take about 15 minutes to make.
- Whip up the cashew ranch sauce while the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets are cooking.
- Chop the parsley and scallions and warm up the tortillas while the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets are cooking, too.
- Slice the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets.
- Place a tortilla on a clean surface. Spread on a little of the cashew ranch.
- Top with a few slices of BBQ Chik’n Nuggets and a little parsley and scallion.
- Roll the tortilla up as tightly as possible.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
Rolling the tortillas can be a little tricky at first, but once you’ve done one or two, you’ll get the hang of it. It’s easiest to do with warm tortillas. You can pop them in the oven for a few minutes, or you can wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 30-60 seconds. Keep them wrapped in a towel while you’re working so they stay warm. Rolling the tortillas can be a fun family activity, if you have little kitchen helpers.
The stars of these vegan taquitos are the new MorningStar Farms® BBQ Chik’n Nuggets. They’re vegan, of course, but that doesn’t mean that just vegans and vegetarians will enjoy them. They have a hearty barbecue flavor which will satisfy even picky omnivores.
The BBQ Chik’n Nuggets can be cooked and enjoyed as-is as part of a meal or even a snack. But they’re also pretty versatile. They can be placed on mini buns and served as sliders. You can chop them up and add them a salad. They’re also terrific in tacos and fajitas.
BBQ Chik’n Nuggets are just one of the new vegan products from MorningStar Farms. They’re all easy to prepare, which makes them terrific for busy weeknights. Morningstar Farms also knows that sometimes “less is more,” so their new vegan products don’t have any artificial colors or flavors. They can easily be found in the freezer section at Walmart.
Vegan BBQ Chik’n Taquitos
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® BBQ Chik’n Nuggets
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 2 hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk more if needed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh chives or dill chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place the frozen BBQ Chik’n Nuggets on a baking sheet and cook for 14-16 minutes, flipping them at the halfway point.
- While the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets are cooking, Blend the cashews, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, chives or dill, 1 ½ teaspoon parsley, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and sea salt together the in high-speed blender or food processor. If it’s too thick, add a little more non-dairy milk, on teaspoon at a time.
- Once the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets are done, remove them from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400°F. Line another baking sheet or a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Allow the BBQ Chik’n Nuggets to cool slightly and then slice them in to thin strips. You’ll get 4 or 5 strips per nugget.
- If the tortillas are stiff, heat them in the oven for about 3 minutes or place them between two damp paper towels and microwave for 30 to 60 seconds, until they’re warm and pliable.
- Place a tortilla on a clean surface and spread a line (about a heaping teaspoon) of the cashew ranch sauce on it an inch or two from one of the edges. Top the cashew ranch with 4 or 5 pieces of sliced BBQ Chik’n Nuggets, a pinch of parsley, and a few pieces of scallion.
- Roll it up as tightly as possible and place it on the prepared baking sheet or in the prepared baking dish, seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- You can brush the taquitos with a little oil or give them a little spray of oil before baking them, to help the tortillas get crisp, if you want.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the tortillas are crisp.
- Serve warm. Serve with the remaining cashew ranch as a dipping sauce.
- Tangy Herbed Vegan Cheese Spread
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Tomato Tartlets with Spinach Pesto