Buffalo Chickpea Tacos
Toss the chickpeas in Buffalo Sauce, add some roasted vegetables and greens, top the tacos generously with ranch dressing, and supper is ready.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) extra-virgin olive oil or melted nondairy butter
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar, optional
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups (330 to 415g) room-temperature cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe Celery Ranch Sauce, recipe follows, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) finely chopped celery or cucumber
- 1 teaspoon organic safflower or other neutral oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 to 10 tortillas or taco shells
- 2 cups 60g baby spinach
Combine the hot sauce, sriracha, olive oil, and vinegar (if using) in a medium bowl. Add the chickpeas, tossing to coat them in the sauce, and set aside. In another medium bowl, combine half the celery ranch sauce with the celery. In a third medium bowl, thin the other half of the celery ranch sauce with water if needed.
Heat the safflower oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook the bell peppers until they are golden on some sides, 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Warm the tortillas if desired.
Add some of the baby spinach, roasted bell peppers, and celery to every taco. Divide the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt between all the tacos. Add some Buffalo chickpeas and a generous drizzle of the celery ranch sauce to each taco and serve.