Vegan Sushi Wraps
Loaded with veggies and an easy-to-make sunflower seed cheese, raw vegan Sushi Wraps are a deliciously light meal for warm summer days.
For the Sunflower Seed Cheese
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds soaked for about 4 hours, drained, and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon miso
For the Wraps
- 4 sheets of nori
- 4 large collard leaves tough stems removed (the leaves can be cut in half, if it’s easier)
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 medium-sized cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
Make the Wraps
Lay a sheet of nori out on a clean, dry surface. Place a collard leaf on top if it. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the sunflower seed cheese long one of the sides, about half an inch from the edge.
Layer on some of the avocado, carrots, cucumber, and bell pepper.
Take the edge with the filling and gently roll it, tucking the filling in with your fingers, if necessary. Wet the edge of the nori to seal the roll.
Repeat with the remaining three sheets of nori.
Serve cold or at room temperature.