Vegan Chocolate-Almond Date Truffles
Your sweetie will swoon over these Vegan Chocolate Almond Date Truffles this Valentine’s Day. Serve a plate of them for dessert, or just have one to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re super easy to make, and they’re healthy, too!
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates about 12, pitted and soaked in water for about half an hour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder or natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of sea salt
For Coating (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
Place the raw almonds in a food processor, and process until they’re crumbly, resembling a fine meal.
Add the dates, cacao powder, vanilla extract, almond extract, and sea salt. Process until well combined and smooth. The mixture should stick together easily. If it’s too dry, add a little water, a tablespoon at a time.
Spoon the mixture into a bowl. Scoop out the mixture by the tablespoonful and roll into 1-inch balls.
Place the coatings in to shallow dishes, and roll the truffles until well coated.
Cover and refrigerate until ready serve.