Pumpkin Chili with White Beans
Pumpkin Chili with White Beans is coziness in a bowl. Made with canned pumpkin, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, and red bell pepper, it makes for a hearty lunch or a warming dinner.
- 1 teaspoon neutral-flavored oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed (or navy or white northern beans)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (or about 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 avocado diced
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until the edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and cook for about 5 more minutes, until the vegetables have softened.
Add the beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, stock, and spices to the pot. Mix everything together and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Let simmer for about half an hour.
Serve hot garnished with scallions and avocado. Enjoy!