Flavored coffee drinks are pretty much everywhere at this time of year. They sound pretty tasty, but what if, like me, coffee isn’t really your thing? I’m a tea drinker, and I’ve felt left out of the warm wintery drink trend.
I decided it was time for tea drinkers to have their own spiced latte. Pumpkin spice isn’t really my thing, and that seems so last month, anyway. Gingerbread on the other hand is very much a December thing. And so, I created a Gingerbread Tea Latte.
This Gingerbread Tea Latte is super easy to make. You just need water, teabags, maple syrup, and some spices. Boil the water with the tea bags, add the spices and maple syrup. Then add the non-dairy milk and simmer. Easy peasy!
Gingerbread Tea Latte is a terrific drink to serve at Christmas cookie swaps and holiday parties. If you’re setting things up so that guests can serve themselves, you can set things up in a slow cooker. Just add 4 cups of hot brewed tea, the non-dairy milk, spices, maple syrup, and vanilla to the slow cooker and set it low.
Sip on a mug of Gingerbread Tea Latte while you’re decorating your Christmas tree, wrapping presents, or mailing out holiday cards. Pour yourself a cuppa to enjoy with breakfast (or while opening presents!) on Christmas morning. Serve it with dessert after Christmas dinner.
Put a pot of Gingerbread Tea Latte on the stove to simmer while you’re shoveling snow, and it’ll be ready for you to warm up with you come back inside. Or just curl up with a good book, a mug of tea, and a plate of cookies!
Gingerbread Tea Latte
- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- Bring the water and teabags to a boil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the spices, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir and allow the spices to dissolve.
- Remove the tea bags, add the milk, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 3 or 4 more minutes, or until the temperature of the tea is to your liking.
- Serve hot.
- Chocolate–Peanut Butter Candy Bites
- Tahini Truffles
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Truffle Mini Tarts
- Chocolate-Almond Date Truffles