Orange Ginger Sparkling Iced Tea is the perfect mocktail for holiday parties, Christmas gatherings, and New Year's Eve celebrations. It's super easy to make using tea, orange juice, sparkling water, and agave. This easy recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Orange Ginger Sparkling Ice Tea
It's been a while since I hosted a holiday party, but I used to be known as The Vegan Martha Stewart with friends. I love hosting cocktail parties with themed drinks and an array of nibbles.
Iced tea may seem like a summertime afternoon drink, but it seems fit for a fancy party once it's mixed with sparkling water. Wintery orange juice gives it as seasonal feel. You can add frozen cranberries to glasses as garnish, to make it fully feel like a Christmas drink.
What You Need
- Tea bags (black or green)
- Orange juice
- Ginger root
- Agave nectar
- Sparkling water
- Orange slices
See the recipe card for exact amounts.
How to Make Sparkling Iced Tea
This recipe is super easy to make!
- First you bring the water to a boil and steep the tea bags. Mix in the agave.
- Next you blend the ginger and orange juice together using a blender.
- Then you mix the tea, orange juice, and sparkling water together in a pitcher.
- Finally, you serve your sparkling iced tea over ice with orange slices for garnish.
I use plain sparkling water when I make this tea, but you can use a flavored water, such as ginger or orange.
Serving Your Sparkling Iced Tea
Serve your sparkling tea soon after mixing everything together, so the sparkling water doesn't go flat. If you're making your tea ahead of time, mix everything together except the sparkling water, and add it right before serving.
Serve your sparkling iced tea at holiday parties, with Christmas dinner, or on New Year's Eve. It's great as a pre-dinner drink with appetizers or as a mocktail with snacks.
Orange Ginger Sparkling Iced Tea
- 4 cups water
- 4 tea bags black or green tea
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2-inch piece ginger root peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1-liter bottle sparkling water
- 2 oranges sliced
- In a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the tea bags and agave nectar. Let tea bags steep for 5 to 10 minutes and then remove.
- Blend the orange juice and ginger together in a blender.
- Mix the tea, orange juice and ginger, and sparkling water together in a pitcher.
- Serve over ice with orange slices for garnish.
Serve Your Sparkling Iced Tea With
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites
- Garlic and Herb Vegan Cheese Spread
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms