Sweet mango is paired with creamy tahini and flavorful curry in this easy-to-make Curried Mango Chickpea Wrap from The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan by Heather Nicholds. These are hearty enough for dinner, but they’re also perfect for lunch on-the-go!
Switching to a vegan diet can be difficult. I made the transition over 16 years ago, and at first I found it difficult to cook without eggs and dairy. It’s much easier to transition now, and Heather Nicholds just made things even easier still with her new book The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan.
This book is full of so much handy advice that I wish it had been around all those years ago when I changed my diet. Heather explains why a plant-based diet is beneficial and she includes info on health ailments that it can prevent and reverse. She also explains the different types of vegan foods, such as leafy greens, root vegetables, legumes, and whole grains. A handy list of plant superfoods is included, as well as nutrition guidelines that will help you stay strong and focused.
Heather is a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, and she’s dedicated to making healthy plant-based meals accessible to everyone. I absolutely love her down-to-earth advice. She knows that being hyper focused on the health aspects of plant-based eating to the point of missing out on flavor isn’t realistic for everyone. While oils and sugars are certainly not health food, Heather knows that a drizzle here or a pinch there can help in the enjoyment of vegetables, so the option of using them is included in her recipes.
Since this is The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan, of course a meal plan is included! Heather’s three-week plan includes recipes and shopping lists for everything you need to kick-start your plant-based journey. She sprinkles handy tips throughout the three weeks, too, such as how to handle problems digesting beans and creative ways to use leftovers.
Even if you’ve been vegan for years like I have, you’ll enjoy the flavorful recipes in The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan. These dishes are all easy to make, they’re loaded with flavor, and they are filling, so you won’t be hungry half an hour after mealtime. They are all dishes that omnivores will easily recognize, which makes the transition even easier.
- Smoothies and Breakfasts
- Soups and Salads
- Main Dishes
- Snacks and Sides
- Homemade Basics, Sauces, and Condiments
Heather’s recipes had me drooling. Which to start with first? The Black Bean Taco Salad Bowl? Shepherd’s Pie? Spiced Hot Chocolate? I decided to go with the Curried Mango Chickpea Wrap first. It’s made with tahini and curry powder, and loaded with chickpeas, mangos, and red bell peppers – all favorites of mine.
These wraps took no time at all to prepare, so they were perfect for an easy lunch. They’re filling enough to have for dinner, too. The mixture of tahini, lime juice, and curry powder was so heavenly that I could have just eaten the dressing out of the bowl with a spoon! These wraps are going into my permanent meal rotation!
These wraps are super easy to make!
- First you mix together the tahini, lime juice, water, curry powder, and salt.
- Then you toss together the chickpeas, mango, bell pepper, and cilantro with the tahini dressing.
- Then you spoon the mixture down the center of the wraps and top with the shredded lettuce.
- Finally, you roll up the wraps and enjoy!
If you follow a gluten-free diet, make sure your wraps are gluten-free.
After three weeks on The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan, you’ll feel lighter, healthier, and energized!
Curried Mango Chickpea Wrap
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced small
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 large whole-grain wraps
- 1 to 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, lime zest and juice, curry powder, and salt until the mixture is creamy and thick. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water to thin it out a bit. Or you can process this all in a blender. The taste should be strong and salty, to flavor the whole salad.
- Toss the chickpeas, mango, bell pepper, and cilantro with the tahini dressing.
- Spoon the salad down the center of the wraps, top with shredded lettuce, and then roll up and enjoy.
Other wraps you might enjoy include:
- Grilled Eggplant Wraps with Spicy Tahini Slaw
- Buffalo Soy Curl Wraps
- Raw Sunflower Seed Tuna Wraps
- Tahini Chickpea Salad
- Sushi Wraps
- Vegan Shawarma
More chickpea recipes you might enjoy include:
- Kale Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- Curried Coconut Spinach & Chickpeas
- Avocado Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Rancheros
- Chickpea Potpie